We're making the impossible possible at VoltDB. And that means we want the best of the best – wicked smart folks who thrive on the challenge of blazing new trails and turning things upside down. Folks who get totally jazzed at the thought of changing the world and doing so as part of a team.
If that sounds like you or someone you know, contact us now at email@example.com.
There are lots of fun and challenging problems to solve at VoltDB: data management (on disk and in memory), performance (SQL algorithmic and I/O related), and distributed systems work (redundancy, failure recovery, cluster load balancing). The product core is open source, and there are opportunities to contribute, as well as talk to customers and to the broader community, if desired.
- We're looking for the best and brightest software engineers (at all levels) to help us take VoltDB to the next level.
- Fluent in Java. C/C++ skills a big plus
- Significant experience developing UNIX/Linux systems software
- Agile software development experience
- BS CS or MS CS (preferred)
This position will be based in our Billerica, MA Headquarters.
Sales Engineer / Community Advocate
VoltDB is a startup, and everyone's contributions count big time. We all get to learn as much as we want about the business, the community, and the customers, as well as the product. The codebase is young/fresh/small, and it's solid - but there is a lot more out there to do. We've got a great base to grow on, and a lot of growing in front of us. The product is standards-based, using SQL as our DDL and query language; and Java as our primary programming language.
One thing that makes working with VoltDB special is that our product is commercial open source. So, in addition to our customers, we foster a growing and enthusiastic community of open source users. There are no secrets when your source code and ticket tracking system are publicly available. Everyone at VoltDB works with our community members to improve and enhance VoltDB, and they can do that with new features mid-release. VoltDB community members routinely take a look at upcoming features and beta releases, and give us great feedback on usability and issues they encounter. Sounds like heaven, right?
VoltDB is selectively recruiting for a sales engineer/community advocate to help build the VoltDB user base and community: work with sales and users to develop, deploy, and build VoltDB applications – and help users get productive with VoltDB.
- Discuss and explain VoltDB technology to new users, in person, by phone, and via social media in sales situations as well as for community development
- Work with sales to manage customer accounts from a technical perspective and provide sales support
- Help users deploy proof-of-concept applications
- Be an evangelist for the VoltDB product online and at events
- Install and run VoltDB and associated applications at user locations, in the cloud, and for demonstrations
- Use collaboration tools for community building, evangelism and sales support
- Inspire enthusiasm for the development and use of VoltDB in the broader community
- ~ 15% travel (US)
- Have experience working directly with customers
- Have a Bachelor or Masters of Science in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- Be well-versed in SQL
- Be familiar with database design and building applications for MySQL, Oracle, or other databases
Experience in any of the following is highly desirable:
- Programming experience in Java, Python/Perl, and shell scripting
- Know Linux (Ubuntu, Centos, Redhat, or Debian)
- Community building
- NoSQL, in-memory or data warehouse systems
This position will be based in our Billerica, MA headquarters.
What do you get when you take a wildly talented developer and give them back one day a week to work on any project they want? You get knocked off your feet, that's what!
VoltDB offers our entire Engineering Organization the option to take advantage of the Innovation Day program — an initiative aimed at giving each team member a creative outlet and dedicated time during the workweek to innovate, challenge, explore what is possible collaborate with the VoltDB Community, or get involved with other parts of the VoltDB business. Imagine having 20% of your week to work on what interests and excites YOU.
Since the program's inception, Innovative projects have ranged from:
- The development of new & innovative features and applications
- Investigation and evaluation of cool new technologies
- The re-architecting and streamlining of internal systems, and
- Participation in -- yikes! -- local marketing programs.
And that's just a sample.
The program has been a huge hit across the board, and it's available to every member of the Engineering Team, no matter how long their tenure with VoltDB. Our Engineers are making the impossible possible – because that is what we are all about.
Find out about VoltBuilder
Already tried VoltDB?
Want to meet other VoltDB application developers and find information you need?
Visit our Community
Still have questions? We're here to help.
Call +1.978.528.4660 or drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org