(30-day trial license included)
Requires a computer with at least 4gb of memory running a recent 64-bit Linux or Mac OS X operating system and Java 8. See the user guide for more specifics.
This software download includes the VoltDB Server, CLI Console, CLI Admin Tools, Web Admin Console, Java Client Driver, JDBC Driver & Java Examples.
Run the following commands in the directory where you've downloaded VoltDB to go from a downloaded kit to a running server. There is no additional install step, though you may want to add VoltDB binaries to your PATH environment variable.
You can stop VoltDB by pressing CTRL-C.
Note that if your web browser already expands tar.gz files on download into plain tar archives, you can use "tar -xf" to expand the file, or just double-click it in your GUI.
- Examples: You can find application examples in the “examples” directory inside a VoltDB kit.
- The Voter app (“examples/voter”) is a great example to start with. See the README to learn what it does and how to get it running, or watch this 5 minute video demonstration of the Voter app.
- The App Gallery has more information on additional examples, some in the kit and some on GitHub.
- Tutorial: The VoltDB Tutorial will walk you through building and running your first VoltDB application.
- Documentation: The VoltDB User Guide and supporting documentation (https://docs.voltdb.com) is comprehensive and easy to use. It’s a great place for broad understanding or to look up something specific.
- Product Overview: The VoltDB Product page contains info at a higher level. This page has in-depth descriptions of features that explain not just what, but why. It also covers use cases and competitive comparisons.
- Go Full Cloud: Learn How to Run VoltDB Virtualized, Containerized or in the Cloud.
- Contact Us: VoltDB offers the speed and scale of NoSQL databases but with the ACID guarantees, relational data models, and transactional capability of traditional RDBMSs - all without the hefty price tag. You'll never lose data or get the wrong answer. Contact us for pricing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View VoltDB Source on Github